IJSP for individuals(English)
Start for IJSP for Individuals!!
IJSP is Ishikawa Japanese Studies Program. Up to now, IJSP has been able to apply for groups such as universities and schools. “IJSP for Individuals” can be applied for by yourself. If you are studying at a Japanese language school, would like to go to Japan and have a Homestay, please apply for “IJSP for Individuals”. Please read the conditions for participation and Q&A(English) carefully.
1. Program Period & Application Period
The 2019 Ishikawa Japanese Studies Program for Individuals will be implemented as follows. Please apply during the application period. Applications will be screened prior to selection.
Groups such as universities and schools. “IJSP for Individuals” can be applied for by yourself. If you are studying at a Japanese language school, etc. and would like to go to Japan and have a homestay, please apply for “IJSP for Individuals”. Please read the conditions for participation and Q & A carefully.
- Program Period: 8 Dec 2019 (Sun) ~ 20 Dec 2019 (Fri)
- Application Period: 17 Sep 2019 (Tue) ~ 7 Oct 2019 (Mon)
※The application period is over. The next program implementation period is undecided.
2. Number of Participants
15 people (The program will not run if less than 3 people apply)
3. Conditions of Participation (All must be met)
- Applicants must be 20+ years old by 8 Dec 2019
- Applicants must be studying Japanese at a university or private language school (not including self-study via the internet), or must have previously participated in a Eurocentres Kanazawa program or the IJSP
- Applicants must have permission to enter and stay in Japan
*IFIE cannot act as a guarantor for visa acquisition (please obtain a visa yourself)
- Applicants must currently have an address outside of Japan
*People living in Japan may not apply
4. Required Documents
- Application Form →Click below to download
- Declaration Form →Click below to download
English (Word：17KB) （PDF：26KB） Japanese (Word：17KB) (PDF：56KB)
- Japanese Studies Declaration Form (separate form) →Click below to download
- A document verifying enrolment in a language school (Certificate of Student Status (separate form) English (Word：36KB) (PDF：20KB) Japanese (Word：14KB) (PDF：21KB) or a copy of the applicant’s student ID card)
※not required for applicants who have previously participated in a Eurocentres Kanazawa program or the IJSP
- Passport photocopy
※Applicants who are accepted must also submit a copy of their overseas travel insurance (covering treatment and compensation costs for illness or injury) and a certificate of health
5. Application Method
Download the application form and declaration form from the internet. Fill them in and send them together with your proof of Japanese study experience or current enrolment and a photocopy of your passport to the email address below. You will receive a reply from IFIE regarding your application within five days. If you do not receive a reply, please contact us.
Application email address
6. Selection Process
Applicants will be selected based on their motivation etc. expressed in the application form, academic history documents, and their Japanese level (the screening result will be announced on the 15th of October).
*The participation fee includes tuition, textbooks, homestay (including breakfast and dinner), travel to and from IFIE, and cultural activities. It does not include transport to and from Japan, visa costs, transport within Japan (for cultural activities), or lunch costs.
*Payment must be made in cash to IFIE immediately following arrival in Ishikawa. (Payment via bank transfer or credit card is not possible)
8. Application Schedule
- Application period 17 Sep 2019 (Tue) ~ 7 Oct 2019 (Mon)
- Result notification 15 October (Tue) (Approx.)
- Host family assigned and notification 15 November (Fri) (Approx.)
*Documents including the program schedule etc. will be sent together with this notification.
- Submission of additional documents By 29 November (Fri)*Overseas travel insurance, certificate of health
- Program period 8 Dec 2019 (Sun) ~ 20 Dec 2019 (Fri)
Ishikawa Foundation for International Exchange (IFIE)
Rifare Building (3rd Floor)
1-5-3 Honmachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, JAPAN, 920-0853
TEL: 076-222-5931 FAX: 076-222-5932
募集要項（日本語） Application Guidelines(English)
IJSP個人向けプログラム注意事項（日本語） IJSP for Individuals Important Points(English) IJSP個人向けプログラムスケジュール（日本語） Schedule of IJSP for individuals(English)