IJSP for individuals(English)
Started for IJSP for Individuals!!
IJSP is Ishikawa Japanese Studies Program. Up to now, IJSP has been able to apply for groups such as universities and schools. “IJSP for Individuals” can be applied for by yourself. If you are studying at a Japanese language school, would like to go to Japan and have a Homestay, please apply for “IJSP for Individuals”. Please read the conditions for participation and Q&A(English) carefully.
1. Program Period & Application Period
The 2020 Ishikawa Japanese Studies Program for Individuals will be implemented as follows. Please apply during the application period. Applications will be screened prior to selection.
Groups such as universities and schools. “IJSP for Individuals” can be applied for by yourself. If you are studying at a Japanese language school, etc. and would like to go to Japan and have a homestay, please apply for “IJSP for Individuals”. Please read the conditions for participation and Q & A carefully.
- Program Period: 12 April 2020 (Sun) ~ 25 April 2020 (Sat)
- Application Period: 1 February 2020 (Sat) ~ 14 February 2020 (Fri)
2. Number of Participants
15 people (The program will not run if less than 3 people apply)
3. Conditions of Participation (All must be met)
- Applicants must be 20+ years old by 12 April 2020
- Applicants must be studying Japanese at a university or private language school (not including self-study via the internet, those who have just started studying Japanese or who can hardly speak Japanese are not allowed to participate), or must have previously participated in a Eurocentres Kanazawa program or the IJSP
- Applicants must have permission to enter and stay in Japan
*IFIE cannot act as a guarantor for visa acquisition (please obtain a visa yourself)
- Applicants must currently have an address outside of Japan
*People living in Japan may not apply
- People who have participated in the program in the past can also apply. However if there are more than 15 applicants will be given priority.
- ※If you have some questions, please read again Q&A(English).
4. Required Documents
- Application Form →Click below to download
- Declaration Form →Click below to download
Japanese (Word:18KB) (PDF:108KB) English (Word:19KB） (PDF:41KB)
- Japanese Studies Declaration Form (separate form) →Click below to download
- A document verifying enrolment in a language school (Certificate of Student Status (separate form) English (Word：36KB) (PDF：20KB) Japanese (Word：14KB) (PDF：21KB) or a copy of the applicant’s student ID card)
※not required for applicants who have previously participated in a Eurocentres Kanazawa program or the IJSP
- Passport photocopy
※Applicants who are accepted must also submit a copy of their overseas travel insurance (covering treatment and compensation costs for illness or injury)
5. Application Method
Download the application form and declaration form from the internet. Fill them in and send them together with your proof of Japanese study experience or current enrolment and a photocopy of your passport to the email address below. You will receive a reply from IFIE regarding your application within five days. If you do not receive a reply, please contact us.
Application email address
6. Selection Process
Applicants will be selected based on their motivation etc. expressed in the application form, academic history documents, and their Japanese level (the screening result will be announced on the 15th of October).
*The participation fee includes tuition, textbooks, homestay (including breakfast and dinner), travel to and from IFIE, and cultural activities. It does not include transport to and from Japan, visa costs, transport within Japan (for cultural activities), or lunch costs.
*Payment must be made in cash to IFIE immediately following arrival in Ishikawa. (Payment via bank transfer or credit card is not possible)
8. Application Schedule
- Application period 1 February 2020 (Sat) ~ 14 February 2020 (Fri)
- Result notification 20 February (Thu) (Approx.)
- Host family assigned and notification 15 March (Sun) (Approx.)
*Documents including the program schedule etc. will be sent together with this notification.
- Submission of additional documents By 27 March (Fri)*Overseas travel insurance
- Program period 12 April 2020 (Sun) ~ 25 April 2020 (Sat)
Ishikawa Foundation for International Exchange (IFIE)
Rifare Building (3rd Floor)
1-5-3 Honmachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, JAPAN, 920-0853
TEL: 076-222-5931 FAX: 076-222-5932